Preliminary Examination of the Civil Services Examination for recruitment to the Services and Posts mentioned below will be held by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) on June 12, 2011.
- Indian Administrative Service
- Indian Foreign Service
- Indian Police Service
- Indian P&T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Non-technical)
- Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’
- Post of Assistant Security Officer in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group ‘A’
- Armed Force Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade)
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakhadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’
- Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’
- Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’
The number of vacancies is liable to alteration. Reservation will be made for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes. Other Backward Classes and Physically Disabled Categories in respect of vacancies as may be fixed by the Government.
Age limit: Not less than 21 years and not more than 30 years as on 1st August, 2011
The upper age limit is relax-able for SC/ST/OBC and certain other categories of candidates to the extent specified in the notice.
Educational qualifications: Degree of a recognized university or an equivalent qualification.
Physical standards: Candidates must be physically fit according to the regulations given in the appendix-III of rules for the civil services examination, 2011 published in the gazette of India extraordinary dated February 19, 2011.
Number of attempts: The maximum number of attempts permissible to different categories of aspirants, who are otherwise eligible, will be as follows: General category (4); P.H. candidates belonging to general category (7); OBC (7); SC/ST/ (no limit).
How to apply:
Candidates may apply online at http://www.upsconline.nic.in Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the website
Candidates may also apply off-line in the common application form devised by the commission for its examinations which can be purchased from the designated head post offices/post offices (specified in appendix III of the notice published in Employment News dated 19.02.2011) throughout the country against cash payment of Rs 30/- (Rs thirty) only. Each such form can be used only once and only for one examination.
Online applications can be filled up to March 21, 2011 till 11.59 p.m. after which the link will be disabled
All off-line applications must reach the controller of examinations, Union Public Service Commission, Dholpur House, Shahajahan road, New Delhi-110069 either by hand or by post/speed post or by courier on or before the March 21, 2011.
However, in respect of candidates residing abroad or in certain remote localities specified in the notice the last date for receipt of applications by post/speed post only (not by hand or by courier) is March 28, 2011.
In case of any difficulty in obtaining application forms from the designated HPOs/POs, the candidates should immediately contact the concerned post master or UPSC’s forms supply monitoring cell over Tele 011-23389366/Fax 011-23387310
To Read the Detailed Notification visit www.upsc.gov.in
For Study material on current affairs, GK, Indian History, solved papers etc visit www.competitionmaster.com